Round 3

A year ago, I fired up this blog for the first time. I remember very well writing that first one. It hardly seems that long ago. The Cullman midnight 5k was a year ago last night, and, disappointingly, I was unable to do it this year due to some pain I've been having in my foot. I probably could have run it but I had other obligations that wouldn't allow it. I'll be running the Country's midnight 5k again for sure, though.
It really does seem like just a little while ago, the beginning of my sophomore year, yet when I think about all I've seen and done since then, I've had a very full year indeed!
As my summer draws to a close, I'm very much ready to get school started back up again. I fell like I've been out a long time. Between Airborne school and a long trip out to the Grand Canyon, LA, Moab, and Denver, I feel I've spent my summer well and it's time to get a goin with school once more.
The one thing I didn't get to do as much of as I wanted to was running. Since the stage race, my mileage has really dropped. It wasn't a motivation issue, it's just things really got in the way. When learning to jump from airplanes you don't get a lot of time to run. Though I will say, during my trip out west I got to experience a lot of cool trails from the Grand Canyon, to trails leading up to the famous Hollywood sign, to the well-known slick rock trail in Moab. Though I didn't get a ton of miles in, I had some awesome experiences.
Last week I logged a 2 mile week. And it was a painful two miles. I don't know what caused it, but my right foot's been hurtin pretty badly from tendinitis or something. To try and make up for it I've been doing a lot of daily cross training, and slowly but surely my foot is healing.
With Pinhoti still in my sights, and not a huge amount of miles under my belt over the summer, I have about two and a half months to get some serious training done. And, oh yeah, there's that school and ROTC thing I have to worry about too. Time to get down to business.

Comments

Popular Posts