Love Letter

Dear Running,

My deepest and most sincere apologies for blowing you off for these last few months spending just cursory, fleeting moments with you mere handfuls of times a fortnight. You deserve better, this I know. You must understand, sweet friend, that this new love of mine on two wheels is such an exciting new facet of my existence, and I admit I often get carried away with those days and money I spend on her, all for the sake of geographical and metaphysical exploration. The distances we've covered and the countless countrysides we've experienced seem so vast in comparison with our relatively brief, but jovial escapades. We've so enjoyed our time with each other lately, cresting the highest mountains in the East, soaring even above the clouds themselves. She's even going to take me on an amazing century long journey in just a few days across some spectacular Appellation country in North Georgia. I do wish you could join us but my feet will be all wrapped up in carbon and Velcro while my lower extremities will be far too preoccupied with cranking us over climb after climb after climb. I really cannot wait for this race and my new joy and I will do brilliantly. Just know, dear first love, that I haven't forgotten you and there is, in fact, room for all of us in this life, and after this next adventure of mine in just a short while, we'll spend hours, nay, days together, just us and those many pair of shiny, new, minimal shoes I collected over the summer to share with you. As the Autumn colored leaves begin to dominate the arboreal Auburn landscapes and Alabama trails, the crunch of the off road sticks, twigs and pebbles will again be heard beneath my hungry feet, and we will sail through the vast wood akin to our days past.

Yours for miles unto the end,
-the Ultralete

P.S. Do not be concerned about the third, swimming. Ours is an unsustainable love/hate. You are far and beyond the fairest, forever and always.

Comments

Popular Posts