Here we go.

So here it is, my very first blog post of hopefully many to come. The primary reason I've started blogging is to share my experiences of races that I've run and to update the status of my training and other salient moments of my life with more than 140 characters (ie. I have more to share than what I can post on the twitters).
In case you haven't figured out by now, I'm a runner. Not to be confused with a jogger. My first race was a 15k at Monte Sano State Park back in October of 2007. Since then I've run 3 marathons, 3 50k's, and an unforgetable stage race in Chattanooga. I'm one of the lucky ones since I found my love of running early on. I am now 19 years old and have been running for about 2 years, though I did take some time off during the summer of 08 after my first marathon really did me in. But now I thirst for the next day's run like an addict needs his next fix. My goals, probably not unlike most other serious runners, is to go farther and faster, especailly on the trails. Between now and the end of the year I'm looking to complete my first 50 miler and 100k race, and perhaps November of 2010 I'll be heading down to Cheaha National State Park for my first 100 mile race.
I've come a long way since that first 15k (which didn't go very well by the way) and am optimistic about the many years of running I have ahead of me. I know God has placed me on this earth for a number of reasons, many of which I'm still trying to figure out, but one thing is for sure: in His wisdom, he made me to run fast and far for His glory. And Run, I shall.

Comments

Popular Posts